Monday, March 12, 2012

Feeling GREAT!

First off THANK YOU to everyone who donated, helped or came to the spaghetti dinner. It was a HUGE success and it was great to see everyone! I posted some pictures from the day below.






I am two weeks out of surgery. This Thursday will make three. I am taking NO PAIN MEDICINE for the first time in three years. Yes, I do have a very high pain tolerance, but I can truly tell that I am pain free. I am feeling better than ever. The past three years have physically and emotionally drained me in so many different ways. I am finally back to my old self. I do know that Chiari and EDS are always going to be a part of me and sometimes will be more difficult than others. It is just who I am and I am going to have the make the best of it. I am not tired all the time and I can make it through the whole day without a nap. For once I actually feel like doing stuff with my family and friends. It is the best feeling in the world. I can not wait to graduate and get a fresh start. I finally feel like I am reaching the end of the tunnel and seeing a bright future.
Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. They mean more to me than you will ever know.

4 comments:

  1. What an amazing update. I bet you almost forgot what it was like to feel good and pain free. I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Living with pain for so long really makes you appreciate feeling good. Its the little things.... :)

      Delete
  2. This was the best update ever. I bet you'll never again take feeling wonderful for granted and I know you'll embrace each and every moment that is pain free with your entire being. So happy for you today Emily. Live, Love, Laugh to your hearts content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sure won`t! Honestly, I dont think anyone should. You never know when or if something is going to happen to YOU.It all changed in an instant for me all because of an MRI. I then went from being a 'normal' teenager to a very,very, very sick teenager. I think that is what bugs me the most, is seeing people do stupid stuff that could hurt them and they never know what the future holds. If nothing else, through all of this I have certainly learned not to take every day to day life or feeling good for granted. :)

      Delete