Thursday, January 26, 2012

Think before you speak...

I have learned through my experiences of dealing with Chiari and unfamiliar people that don`t know about the disease or understand it, really just don`t know what to say. They think they are saying the right thing, but sometimes it can be really hurtful and they don`t realize it. So I found the picture above and it is perfect for people to think about before talking to someone with a Chiari or anyone for that matter. Don`t accuse us of faking, or lying. Only inspire us and be kind doing so. If we are having a bad day, only encourage us. We need all the inspiration and kindness we can get during our ride on the rollorcoaster of Chiari Malformation.

It is something to think about...What you say, may really hurt someones feelings, but honestly you don't mean to.

THINK OF HOW IT WOULD MAKE YOU FEEL BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!

 :-)

4 comments:

  1. Do you really get a lot of people saying you are faking or lying? That is so awful. I feel so badly that people are so uncaring. As I have said many times, let them walk one day in your shoes and see if they still say that. They won't. I know how difficult it is to do, but just try to ignore those who are so uncaring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a lot in the beginning. Now it's more theres still seething wrong with you? I would love for them to walk days in my shoes and maybe they will feel differently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily! I've been trying to comment but not going thru, so here it goes again! Love that you are keeping up with blogging to share your story! You are such a brave soul. I was trying to say earlier that you are carrying your cross with such humility and grace. Prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete